Reopening SwizzleSticks | Our COVID-19 Policies
To Our Wonderful Guests!
The world has changed since we last were together. We are so excited to welcome you back into the salon and get our hands in your hair! With these simple yet effective guidelines we can ensure the safety of our team, our guests and the community.
#1: Limiting our Capacity
Based upon recommendations from AHS, we will be limiting the number of people in the salon at any given time to 15. This will help us in maintaining social distance for all guests within the salon. These are the following policies we will be implementing in order to help maintain this limited capacity.
- At this time, we will not be scheduling any Bang Trims, Neck Trims, or consultations. Should you be booked in for a colour retouch only, we may require scheduling extra time to accommodate social distancing which would include an additional fee of $30 for a Blow Dry. Alternatively, we invite our guests to book a haircut with your colour. We know you need one!
- Attend your appointment solo. During this time, we ask that you attend your appointment solo, and not bring your entourage with you. As we are operating at a limited capacity, extra people within the salon puts the health and safety of other guests and our team at risk.
- Please schedule appointments online or over the phone. Right now, we ask you to refrain from walking in to schedule an appointment in order to comply with our temporary limited operating capacity. Alternatively, we encourage guests to use our online booking system found at www.swizzlesticks.com or call us at 403-270-7333. Please note that all pre existing appointments will stand. We will be contacting you if you missed an appointment due to the closure, so no need to phone us! Phones will be live for new appointments May 26th!
- Ensure you are aware of our updated social distancing policy. We ask that when you arrive to stay in your vehicle or outside the facility until we contact you to come in. We will have a short questionnaire for each guest to fill out upon arrival. You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering and exiting the facility.
#2: Beverage Service
- We will be suspending beverage service for the time being. During services we will be suspending our beverage offerings until further notice. There will be one exception during colour processing time, during this time we will be offering beverage service. Your previous mask will be properly disposed of and a new mask will be required for the balance of the appointment including the shampoo. If you would prefer to provide our own masks, please ensure you have at least two clean masks on hand.
#3: What to Expect During your Service
- During phase 1 of the provincial relaunch we will be suspending all of the Swizz Extra Touches. We know how much you love all of the extra touches we provide to enhance your Swizz experience. Until restrictions are lifted, we will be temporarily suspending mini facials, scalp massages and make up touch ups in an effort to limit exposure. We cannot wait until we're able to spoil you with these extra touches again!
- We will not have our guests change completely, so please dress accordingly. At this time, we ask that you put one of our freshly laundered gowns overtop of what you are wearing. Please do not come in your favourite shirt, high neck or hooded sweater to your appointment. A simple t-shirt or tank top is ideal.
- We will be implementing a Personal Protective Equipment Fee. There will be a $3.00 PPE fee added to each guest's bill to help mitigate the additional costs of PPE, extra disinfectants and all the hand sanitizer during this phase.
- We will be maintaining 6 feet between all stations. This includes washing stations.
- We require all of our guests to wear a mask. Masks will be provided to you or you are welcome to bring your own mask(s), they must be worn for the duration of all services.
- Please refrain from bringing additional belongings into the salon. We are asking all guests to only bring forms of payment, keys, phone and small handbags if necessary. Please refrain from bringing in additional items like jackets, backpacks and briefcases at this time.
- Honesty is the best policy. If you have done anything special to your hair at home during quarantine, please let us know as we may require more time to achieve your desired results. We are here to help you and there is absolutely no judgement!
We will be continuing to enforce strict disinfectant procedures following each guest visit to keep our Swizz Team and guests at ease. This will allow us to prepare our stations and tools just for you. All high touch areas will be disinfected regularly, including door handles, railings and bathrooms.
We know that things are going to seem weird and different moving forward, but we are all in this together. More than anything we are so excited to see you all soon. Although we cannot embrace and hug for now, know that Swizz Love is all around and we are so excited to welcome you back to your happy place!
The Swizz Team